- This event has passed.
The Functional Listening Index-Paediatric (FLI-P®) – Monitoring Listening Skills for Positive Progress
21 February @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm$80
Functional listening skills underpin language, literacy, communication development and social competence. How can we closely track functional auditory skill development from infancy? This course focuses on the understanding and use of the Functional Listening Index Paediatric® (FLI-P®) – a new research based tool designed to assist the tracking and monitoring of a child’s listening skills in everyday life scenarios.
- An introduction to a revolutionary new tool, developed by The Shepherd Centre in collaboration the HEARing CRC and Cochlear, to measure and address functional listening skills
- Early enhancement of Functional Listening skills can predict and support Language, SPeech, Literacy and Social Skills
- Learn how to closely monitor functional listening skills in children with hearing loss
- Learn key strategies to enhance listening skill development in children with hearing loss.
- Two hour live online course suited for professionals working with young children with hearing loss.
- Multiple opportunities for group discussion of key concepts, case examples and application of techniques.
Live, interactive and online
Course duration: 2 hours
AUD $80 incl GST
This course can be extended as part of a full-day workshop.
Ingrid Steyns, BBHSc, MSLP, CCC-SLP, LSLS Cert. AVT®
Ingrid is the Principal Manager of Clinical Learning and Development at The Shepherd Centre. Ingrid completed a Bachelor of Behavioural Health Sciences and a Masters in Speech and Language Pathology at The University of Sydney, Australia. Ingrid is a Certified Listening and Spoken Language Specialist (LSLS Cert. AVT®) and holds a Certificate of Clinical Competence as a Speech Language Pathologist. Ingrid has worked in clinical settings providing cochlear implant evaluation, diagnostic assessment and therapeutic intervention services for individuals with hearing loss and their families. Ingrid has developed international training programs, mentored professionals in the field throughout the world and has presented at numerous international conferences and workshops in the field worldwide.
Joanna McAdam, BA, MLSP, LSLS Cert AVT ®
Joanna is a Speech Pathologist and Certified Listening and Spoken Language Specialist (LSLS). Joanna joined the Shepherd Centre in 2007 and currently leads the 20 member LSLS team. Joanna has a number of areas of clinical interest including outcomes for children with moderate-severe hearing loss and the cognitive bases of listening. Joanna has developed a program to target the executive function skills of children with hearing loss aged 4-6 in a research project in collaboration with researchers at Macquarie University.
The Functional Listening Index Paediatric® (FLI-P®) - Monitoring Listening Skills for Positive Progress” can contribute 2 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Elective PD
Payment and registration
Not able to make it or missed out?
If you have any questions about this course, please contact us at [email protected]
Or register your interest for the next one and we'll be in touch with dates - please note in the comments which course you are interested in