- This event has passed.
The Functional Listening Index-Paediatric® (FLI-P®) – Monitoring Listening Skills for Positive Progress
17 August @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am$99
Functional listening skills underpin language, literacy, communication development and social competence. How can we closely track functional auditory skill development from infancy? This course focuses on the understanding and use of the Functional Listening Index Paediatric® (FLI-P®) – a new research based tool designed to assist the tracking and monitoring of a child’s listening skills in everyday life scenarios.
- An introduction to a revolutionary new tool, developed by The Shepherd Centre in collaboration the HEARing CRC and Cochlear, to measure and address functional listening skills
- Early enhancement of Functional Listening skills can predict and support Language, SPeech, Literacy and Social Skills
- Learn how to closely monitor functional listening skills in children with hearing loss
- Learn key strategies to enhance listening skill development in children with hearing loss.
- Two hour live online course suited for professionals working with young children with hearing loss.
- Multiple opportunities for group discussion of key concepts, case examples and application of techniques.
Live, interactive and online
Course duration: 2 hours
AUD $99 incl GST
Jen Whiteway, BLibStud, MSLP, LSLS Cert. AVT®
Jen is the Acting Manager of Internal Clinical Learning and Development at The Shepherd Centre. Jen completed a Bachelor of Liberal Studies (now Liberal Arts) at the University of Sydney, Australia, and a Masters of Speech and Language Pathology at Macquarie University, Australia. Jen is also a Certified Listening and Spoken Language Specialist (LSLS Cert. AVT®). Jen has worked for over 12 years at The Shepherd Centre, providing cochlear implant evaluation, diagnostic assessment, and therapeutic intervention services for individuals with hearing loss and their families. Jen is passionate about training and supporting other clinicians and synthesizing the latest research from the field into clinical practice. Jen has developed many training programs for professional development, mentored other professionals in the field, contributed to research projects, and presented at national conferences.
Dr Pia Watkins, PhD
Dr Pia Watkins, PhD is a Senior Research Audiologist and Regional Manager of the Southern Part of NSW and ACT. She has a background as a Paediatric Speech Pathologist in Denmark, before completing her Master of Audiology and PhD of Audiology at Macquarie University under a HEARing CRC Scholarship. Pia is passionate about hearing and listening difficulties in children of all ages. She enjoys combining clinical knowledge with the latest research in order to create new and innovative ways to support each child to reach their full potential.
Payment and registration
Not able to make it or missed out?
If you have any questions about this course, please contact us at [email protected]
Or register your interest for the next one and we'll be in touch with dates - please note in the comments which course you are interested in