- This event has passed.
Interactive Online Services (Telehealth) for Children and Students with Hearing Loss
23 March @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm$99
The Shepherd Centre has been providing hearing loss intervention via telehealth for many years. This course provides information and strategies that can be implemented to best support learning and development for children and students with hearing loss accessing services via this mode.
- Understand and apply latest research based evidence for supporting children with hearing loss via an online learning mode
- Identify and overcome challenges associated with online learning / Telehealth
- Learn strategies for setting up successful sessions online
- Learn strategies for applying teaching and therapeutic techniques for students with hearing loss and their families through interactive online sessions
- Two hour online interactive course suited for professionals working with young children, primary and high school students with hearing loss.
- Multiple opportunities for group discussion of key concepts, case examples and application of techniques.
- Participants will require access a computer/tablet with video and audio capabilities in order to join and interact throughout the course.
Interactive & online: Participants attend using a videoconferencing platform. A unique link to access the course will be provided to participants at the time of registration.
Course duration: 2 hours
AUD $99 incl GST
Danielle Lam, BAppSc (Speech Pathology), CPSP, LSLS Cert.AVT ®
Danielle is a Certified Practising Speech Pathologist and Certified Listening and Spoken Language Specialist (LSLS). Danielle joined The Shepherd Centre in 2007 and is leading the team in Digital and Regional growth and development. Danielle has a keen interest in ensuring families with children with hearing loss are able to access listening based communication learning wherever where they live in the world. This has led Danielle to develop online telehealth services, professional learning courses, digital assessment tools and training resources for professionals working with children with hearing loss at The Shepherd Centre and beyond as part of HearHub digital platform.
Ingrid Steyns, BBHSc, MSLP, CCC-SLP, LSLS Cert. AVT®
Ingrid is the Principal Manager of Clinical Learning and Development at The Shepherd Centre. Ingrid completed a Bachelor of Behavioural Health Sciences and a Masters in Speech and Language Pathology at The University of Sydney, Australia. Ingrid is a Certified Listening and Spoken Language Specialist (LSLS Cert. AVT®) and holds a Certificate of Clinical Competence as a Speech Language Pathologist. Ingrid has worked in clinical settings providing cochlear implant evaluation, diagnostic assessment and therapeutic intervention services for individuals with hearing loss and their families. Ingrid has developed international training programs, mentored professionals in the field throughout the world and has presented at numerous international conferences and workshops in the field worldwide.
Completing ”Interactive Online Services (Telehealth) for Children and Students with Hearing Loss” can contribute 2 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Elective PD.
Completing “Interactive Online Services (Telehealth) for Children and Students with Hearing Loss” will contribute 2 hours of Teacher Quality Institute (TQI) accredited PL addressing standard descriptors 1.2.2, 1.5.2, 1.6.2, 2.1.2, 2.6.2, 3.4.2, 3.7.2, 4.1.2, 4.5.2, 5.1.2, 6.2.2, 6.4.2, 7.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teachers Accreditation.
Payment and registration
Not able to make it or missed out?
If you have any questions about this course, please contact us at [email protected]
Or register your interest for the next one and we'll be in touch with dates - please note in the comments which course you are interested in