Talk Together Listening Foundations
1 January, 2021 - 31 December, 2025HearHub Subscription
Available exclusively via a HearHub subscription, the Talk Together series of courses is a train-the trainer for professionals working with families of children newly diagnosed with hearing loss. This professional learning course will provide you with the knowledge, activities, tools, videos and downloadable parent information to equip you to deliver your own Talk Together Listening Foundations group program. In the introductory Listening Foundations program, you will learn how to empower caregivers to make informed decisions about their child’s listening and speaking journey through knowledge-sharing and connecting with other parents.
- This is an on-demand train-the-trainer course for professionals working with families of children newly diagnosed with hearing loss.
- Talk Together draws from learnings across the fields of early childhood education, counselling, audiology and listening and spoken language development in order to provide families with a truly comprehensive experience.
- This course will enable you to deliver the Program to families: professionals are equipped with a clear course outline, videos, handouts and other resources to make facilitating easy.
- The program can be delivered to families one-on-one or in a group setting.
- The course has been designed so that parents can connect with each other, learn and feel supported as they navigate their child’s listening journey.
- The course is divided into eight modules, with scripts, videos and other resources provided to help facilitators ensure that everyone in their group has the best experience possible
- Save time and effort developing your own course outline and materials, whilst simultaneously benefitting from over fifty years of experience and expertise from The Shepherd Centre's world-renowned program