- This event has passed.
Navigating Friendships for Students with Hearing Loss
21 June, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm$99
This course focuses on the role of friendships on social wellbeing and the impact of hearing loss on communication and social development. It provides strategies for teachers and educators to help support students in navigating friendships.
- Explore the role of friendships on development and social wellbeing
- Understand the impact of hearing loss on development and communication
- Explore and discuss practical ideas and key strategies to navigate friendships, including friendship maintenance and breakdown
- Two hour online interactive course for professionals working with preschool, primary and high school students with hearing loss.
- Multiple opportunities for group discussion of key concepts and case examples.
- Participants will require access a computer/tablet with video and audio capabilities in order to join and interact throughout the course.
Interactive & online: Participants attend using a videoconferencing platform. A unique link to access the course will be provided to participants at the time of registration.
Course duration: 2 hours
AUD $99 incl GST
Sara Luscombe BSW, AASW
Ingrid Steyns, BBHSc, MSLP, CCC-SLP, LSLS Cert. AVT®
Ingrid is the Principal Manager of Clinical Learning and Development at The Shepherd Centre. Ingrid completed a Bachelor of Behavioural Health Sciences and a Masters in Speech and Language Pathology at The University of Sydney, Australia. Ingrid is a Certified Listening and Spoken Language Specialist (LSLS Cert. AVT®) and holds a Certificate of Clinical Competence as a Speech Language Pathologist. Ingrid has worked in clinical settings providing cochlear implant evaluation, diagnostic assessment and therapeutic intervention services for individuals with hearing loss and their families. Ingrid has developed international training programs, mentored professionals in the field throughout the world and has presented at numerous international conferences and workshops in the field worldwide.
Completing “Navigating Friendships for Students with Hearing Loss” can contribute 2 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Elective PD.
Payment and registration
Not able to make it or missed out?
If you have any questions about this course, please contact us at [email protected]
Or register your interest for the next one and we'll be in touch with dates - please note in the comments which course you are interested in