- This event has passed.
The Functional Listening Index-Paediatric (FLI-P®) – Monitoring Listening Skills for Positive Progress
16 June @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm$99
Functional listening skills underpin language, literacy, communication development and social competence. How can we closely track functional auditory skill development from infancy? This course focuses on the understanding and use of the Functional Listening Index - Paediatric (FLI-P®) – a new research based tool designed to assist the tracking and monitoring of a child’s listening skills in everyday life scenarios.
- An introduction to a revolutionary new tool, developed by The Shepherd Centre and HEARing CRC, to measure and address functional listening skills
- Early enhancement of Functional Listening skills can predict and support: Language, Speech, Literacy and Social Skills development
- Learn how to monitor and enhance functional listening skills in children with hearing loss
- Learn strategies for applying techniques to closely monitor functional listening skills, including discussion for doing this via online learning (Telehealth).
- Two hour online interactive course suited for professionals working with young children with hearing loss.
- Multiple opportunities for group discussion of key concepts, case examples and application of techniques.
- Participants will require access a computer/tablet with video and audio capabilities in order to join and interact throughout the course.
Interactive & online: Participants attend using a videoconferencing platform. A unique link to access the course will be provided to participants at the time of registration.
Course duration: 2 hours
AUD $99 incl GST
Ingrid Steyns, BBHSc, MSLP, CCC-SLP, LSLS Cert. AVT®
Ingrid is the Principal Manager of Clinical Learning and Development at The Shepherd Centre. Ingrid completed a Bachelor of Behavioural Health Sciences and a Masters in Speech and Language Pathology at The University of Sydney, Australia. Ingrid is a Certified Listening and Spoken Language Specialist (LSLS Cert. AVT®) and holds a Certificate of Clinical Competence as a Speech Language Pathologist. Ingrid has worked in clinical settings providing cochlear implant evaluation, diagnostic assessment and therapeutic intervention services for individuals with hearing loss and their families. Ingrid has developed international training programs, mentored professionals in the field throughout the world and has presented at numerous international conferences and workshops in the field worldwide.
Completing “The Functional Listening Index-Paediatric (FLI-P®): Monitoring Listening Skills for Positive Progress” can contribute 2 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Elective PD.
Completing “The Functional Listening Index Paediatric® (FLI-P®) - Monitoring Listening Skills for Positive Progress” will contribute 2 hours of Teacher Quality Institute (TQI) accredited PL addressing standard descriptors 1.1.2, 1.2.2, 1.3.2, 1.6.2, 2.1.2, 3.4.2, 3.2.2, 4.1.2, 5.1.2, 5.5.2, 6.4.2, 7.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teachers Accreditation.
Payment and registration
Not able to make it or missed out?
If you have any questions about this course, please contact us at [email protected]
Or register your interest for the next one and we'll be in touch with dates - please note in the comments which course you are interested in