Confident Kids 4-5 years
1 January, 2021 - 31 December, 2025HearHub Subscription
Available exclusively via a HearHub subscription, the Confident Kids series of courses is a train-the trainer for professionals working with families of children with hearing loss. This professional learning course will provide you with the knowledge, activities, tools, videos and downloadable parent and child information to equip you to deliver your own Confident Kids 4-5 years group program. In Confident Kids 4-5, you will learn how to empower children with hearing loss to navigate different social environments by teaching them practical strategies for building healthy relationships. Aimed at children between 4-5 years of age, it comes equipped with a parent education component to help caregivers support their children in everyday life.
- This is an on-demand train-the-trainer course for professionals working with families of children with hearing loss.
- Confident Kids 4-5 draws from learnings across the fields of early childhood education, counselling, audiology and listening and spoken language development in order to provide children and caregivers with a truly comprehensive experience.
- This course will enable you to deliver the Program to families: professionals are equipped with a clear course outline, videos, handouts and other resources to make facilitating easy.
- The program can be delivered to families one-on-one or in a group setting.
- The course has been designed to help children with hearing loss to acquire the skills to use spoken language in socially acceptable ways when communicating with family members and hearing peers, which is a vital part of their listening journey.
- The course is divided into eight modules, with scripts, videos and other resources provided to help facilitators ensure that everyone in their group has the best experience possible
- Save time and effort developing your own course outline and materials, whilst simultaneously benefitting from over fifty years of experience and expertise from The Shepherd Centre's world-renowned program
Why Social Skills?
- Children with hearing loss commonly experience delays in social skills development
- This often presents as delayed Theory of Mind skills: the ability to attribute mental states — beliefs, intents, desires, emotions and knowledge — to oneself and to others
- It is critical to address this as early as possible so that a child’s social inclusion with their peers and community is supported from their earliest years of life
- Confident Kids focuses on stages of social skill development that have been proven to be relevant to children worldwide
- Developed by The Shepherd Centre, HearHub’s course offerings are designed to equip hearing healthcare professionals with the skills to educate not only children but also caregivers.