- This event has passed.
Building Resilience for Students with Hearing Loss
29 November, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm$99
This course focuses resilience for students with hearing loss and the benefit of resilience as a lifelong skill. It explores self-identity and provides strategies to help students with hearing loss manage setbacks and develop skills for positive self-growth.
- Understand key aspects of resilience
- Explore the importance of self-identify and sense of self
- Learn strategies to support students with hearing loss to cope with ups and downs
- Learn strategies to support students with hearing loss develop positive self-identity and skills in resilience
- Two hour online interactive course for professionals working with preschool, primary and high school students with hearing loss.
- Multiple opportunities for group discussion of key concepts and case examples.
- Participants will require access a computer/tablet with video and audio capabilities in order to join and interact throughout the course.
Interactive & online: Participants attend using a videoconferencing platform. A unique link to access the course will be provided to participants at the time of registration.
Course duration: 2 hours
AUD $99 incl GST
Sara Luscombe BSW, AASW
Ingrid Steyns, BBHSc, MSLP, CCC-SLP, LSLS Cert. AVT®
Ingrid is the Principal Manager of Clinical Learning and Development at The Shepherd Centre. Ingrid completed a Bachelor of Behavioural Health Sciences and a Masters in Speech and Language Pathology at The University of Sydney, Australia. Ingrid is a Certified Listening and Spoken Language Specialist (LSLS Cert. AVT®) and holds a Certificate of Clinical Competence as a Speech Language Pathologist. Ingrid has worked in clinical settings providing cochlear implant evaluation, diagnostic assessment and therapeutic intervention services for individuals with hearing loss and their families. Ingrid has developed international training programs, mentored professionals in the field throughout the world and has presented at numerous international conferences and workshops in the field worldwide.
Completing ”Understanding Hearing Loss: Tips and Tricks for Supporting a Child with Hearing Loss in your Class” will contribute 2 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Elective PD.
Completing ”Building Resilience in Students with Hearing Loss" will contribute to 2 hours of Teacher Quality Institute (TQI) accredited PL addressing standard descriptors 1.6.2, 3.5.2, 3.7.2, 4.1.2, 4.3.2, 4.4.2, 5.2.2 and 6.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teachers Accreditation.
Payment and registration
Not able to make it or missed out?
If you have any questions about this course, please contact us at [email protected]
Or register your interest for the next one and we'll be in touch with dates - please note in the comments which course you are interested in