- This event has passed.
101 Ideas to Climb the Listening & Spoken Language Ladder for Children with Hearing Loss
19 July @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm$99
For children with hearing loss, the development of listening and spoken communication skills requires close monitoring and purposeful support across a range of developmental domains. This course explores a range of strategies and activities to enhance skill development to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Understand and apply latest research based listening, speech and language development techniques
- Explore and discuss practical ideas and key strategies to enhance the development of listening and spoken language skills for children with hearing loss
- Incorporate tools for close monitoring of skill development, including the Functional Listening Index – Paediatric (FLI-P™)
- Understand implications of learning online for children with hearing loss and develop strategies for support (Telehealth)
- Two hour online interactive course suited for professionals working with primary school students, infants and children with hearing loss.
- Multiple opportunities for group discussion of key concepts, case examples and application of techniques.
- Participants will require access a computer/tablet with video and audio capabilities in order to join and interact throughout the course.
Interactive & online: Participants attend using a videoconferencing platform. A unique link to access the course will be provided to participants at the time of registration.
Course duration: 2 hours
AUD $99 incl GST
Tess Ansell, BA, MSpeechPath, LSLS Cert AVT ®
Tess is a is an experienced clinician at The Shepherd Centre with a passion for providing the highest quality care to children with hearing loss and their families. Tess completed a Bachelor of Arts and Master of Speech Pathology at The University of Melbourne. Since completing her certification as a Listening and Spoken Language Specialist (LSLS Cert. AVT®), Tess has joined the Information and Analysis team as Clinical Systems and Research Specialist and enjoys being able to combine her clinical experience and analytical skills to support best practice in the field of hearing loss. Tess has worked across all aspects of clinical care, providing individual and group services, cochlear implant evaluations, assessment administration and targeted intervention. Tess has a particular interest in working in partnership with caregivers to empower them to be the primary agent of change in their child’s listening journey.
Ingrid Steyns, BBHSc, MSLP, CCC-SLP, LSLS Cert. AVT®
Ingrid is the Principal Manager of Clinical Learning and Development at The Shepherd Centre. Ingrid completed a Bachelor of Behavioural Health Sciences and a Masters in Speech and Language Pathology at The University of Sydney, Australia. Ingrid is a Certified Listening and Spoken Language Specialist (LSLS Cert. AVT®) and holds a Certificate of Clinical Competence as a Speech Language Pathologist. Ingrid has worked in clinical settings providing cochlear implant evaluation, diagnostic assessment and therapeutic intervention services for individuals with hearing loss and their families. Ingrid has developed international training programs, mentored professionals in the field throughout the world and has presented at numerous international conferences and workshops in the field worldwide.
Completing “101 Ideas to Climb the Listening and Spoken Language Ladder for Children with Hearing Loss” can contribute 2 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Elective PD.
Completing “101 Ideas to Climb the Listening and Spoken Language Ladder” will contribute 2 hours of Teacher Quality Institute (TQI) accredited PL addressing standard descriptors 1.1.2, 1.2.2, 1.3.2, 1.6.2, 2.1.2, 2.6.2, 3.3.2, 3.4.2, 3.7.2, 4.1.2, 4.5.2, 5.1.2, 5.5.2, 6.2.2, 6.4.2, 7.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teachers Accreditation.
Payment and registration
Not able to make it or missed out?
If you have any questions about this course, please contact us at [email protected]
Or register your interest for the next one and we'll be in touch with dates - please note in the comments which course you are interested in
Not what you are looking for?
Back to menu...